Ramesh & Leroy ran the meeting
26 teams currently signed up. Max 32 teams.
Expecting a few more to join from Bangladesh Premier League because BPL is no longer accepting foreign (non-Bangladeshi) players.
2 divisions. Top 6 from last year playing in the top division.
Columbia has asked to stay in the lower division. Smart.
12-14 games depending on # of teams.
Top 8 in each division to playoffs. Quarter, semi, and finals.
- Kissena 3
- Whitestone 2
- One more?
Uniforms: 13 uniforms purchased along with registration fee.
Features team logo, league logo, and names/numbers.
I will ask that Columbia have no names and numbers. Tops will be given out before game and collected at the end. This will serve as a test case for similar system in coming years for all CCC teams.
If we want a practice game, we can contact league to pick up matting and play whenever.
Party on 7 April. We got 5 tickets.
Meeting in April. Exact date TBD.
Captain and Manager must sign the league rules. Notary will be present.
- 100% ICC laws (free hits, bouncers, batter-in clock, etc)
- Open registration. Not capped at 25 as was mentioned before.
- 2 umpires at every game. $100 umpire fee / game.
- All players must be on CricClubs with clear picture. Captain’s responsibility to keep theirs and to check opposition.
- Must play 4 games to play in playoffs.
- All online scoring but captains putting in own player stats? Some confusion here.
- No cursing and no mean-spirited sledging. 1 warning. 2nd-time player is sent off the field and cannot participate rest of game. $25 fine. Player can’t play until paid. Fine donated to kids charities around the world. Part of 501(c)3 agreement.
- Matches at 9:00 & 1:30. Strict start times. Lose overs for lateness.
- 15 over / hour.
- 10 min between innings.
- No official water break.
- Teams needing off on Ramadan must makeup games with doubleheaders.
- Pink ball. Some people not happy about this. Do we have an opinion?
- No matches on Memorial Day or Labor Day weekends.
- Winners in each division get $2500 cash and free entry next year.